Perth Experienced Furniture Movers
Looking for the best moving company in Perth? Whether it’s a local move within the city or an interstate move from elsewhere, our customers let us know we’re the one. We don’t expect you to simply take our word for it, our customers say we offer fast, professional moving services at good value.
We set ourselves apart starting with the removals quote. Clear and simple, it will show you precisely when we’ll be there and when we’ll be done. It’ll show minutes instead of hours, because we figured out a long time ago that it’s better for our customers if we charge them only for the time we actually work. And it’ll include any supplemental services you might need, because being the top Perth movers means being able to handle all the unexpected challenges of a big city and a big move. We’ve been moving Perth for a long time, and we’ve seen it all.
And there’s more to us than shifting boxes – we can be a full-service moving company as well:
- Want someone else to do the hard work of packing before you move & unpacking?
- Want someone to clean the old place? We can take care of it.
- Want extra boxes? Done.
- Want someone to disconnect and turn the utilities on at the new place? Leave it to us.
We do exactly what you need, and no more – or less.
Why choose Citymove?
- Pay per minute (after the first 2 hours)
- Professional Movers for 15 years and 100,000 clients
- Certified FemaleFriendly™
- Athletic and Fit removalists (save time and money)
- AFRA Accredited removalist (your assurance of quality)
Will use again
“Movers turned up on time (we used guaranteed 7.30 start) and were so fast an efficient! The whole thing was done very quickly and everything arrived in great condition. Highly recommended and will use again!”
– Z Barczyk
Efficient & careful
Citymove were excellent. They arrived 5 minutes early, introduced themselves and then promptly started work. They were very efficient, careful and nice guys. I will definitely hire Citymove again.
– M Williamson
Faith has been restored
“I was so happy with the removalist we had from Citymove. I was very sceptical about using Furniture Removalists again, after having my personal belongings stolen on a move interstate. Dan the remvoalist (sic) took so much care with my furniture and even when they dropped off the furniture made sure that it was all stacked neatly in the garage for me.”
– L Berdal
Recommended to friends or family
“The move was very good. The two guys took care of our stuff. They were very friendly, courteous. They were very fast, faster than expected. For us it’s good value for money and we look forward to engaging Citymove the next time around. Thanks a lot.
Would you recommend Citymove to your friends or family?
Absolutely, absolutely. We’ve done that already!…”
Perth is the second most isolated capital city in the world (second only to Honolulu). It also is the sunniest in Australia. Perthites (aka Sandgropers) enjoy an average 8.8 hours of sunshine on any given day. With just over 2 million people, the remote city has been one of Australia’s fastest growing cities over the last decade. And with it steadily climbing up the ranks of the “livable cities”, it currently sits at number 7, from its debut in the top 10 at 9th in 2013.
Perth is the fourth wettest Australian capital city after Darwin, Sydney and Brisbane. Summers are generally hot and dry, lasting from December to late March, with February generally being the hottest month of the year (avg 31.6°C). Winters are relatively cool and wet, July normally the coldest month at 18.4°C. Average rainfall for the area is about 85cm/year.
Housing prices have been declining in Perth, making housing more affordable to many in this capital city. Media house prices are around $525,000 and units around $414,500, according to the RIEWA (this link takes you to a handy research tool too).
Other fun facts about Perth
- John Glenn (the first American from space) saw Perth from space and dubbed it the ‘City of Lights’ on February 20, 1962. In 1998, when Glenn returned to space at the age of 77, Perth turned on as many lights as possible to mark the special occasion.
- The orbital internal combustion process engine was invented in Perth, in 1977.
- Spray on Skin was developed at Royal Perth Hospital in 1992, to provide much faster healing to burn victims.
- And on a more serious note (cheeky), the Hamdog was invented in Perth in 2004.