Moving house is frequently fraught with stress and the impression that there is not enough time in the day to take care of all the details screaming for your attention. It’s easy for things to be forgotten and lost as your daily routine and surroundings are dismantled and turned from organised reliability to a maze of boxes and newly excavated dust. Cheap removals save you money, but if you don’t take a few simple precautions you may lose that advantage when you have to solve problems on the fly on moving day. Here are a few simple tips to make your house move smooth sailing.
In Advance :
A few things ought to be squared away before the best or cheapest (or both) removalist on offer shows up:
- Clean: With a focus on the kitchen. Even in a clean kitchen the appliances will get grimy with dirt and grease in places you don’t normally see – clean those in advance so you’re not in the way of those cheap removalists supplied you with.
- Money: Don’t forget, they may be the friendliest cheap removalists has to offer, but they still expect to be paid. Put aside the fee for your removalists in a safe spot so you won’t have to make excuses in the midst of chaos.
- Organise: Label everything clearly with the room it will end up in, so there’s no guessing. Make a list of everything that has to be done on moving day and make sure you have secured vital papers.
On Moving Day:
Get a good night’s sleep, because moving day is going to be exhausting no matter how organised you are and how wonderful your cheap removals service is. Then, make sure you take care of the following:
- Keep Track of Keys:There are always a lot of keys floating around on moving day. Make sure you keep track of which ones belong to which house!
- Check in with the Removalist: Make sure they’re clear on where everything goes, how to get there, and any special services or concerns.
- One Last Look: When everything is out and you’re ready to lock the door behind you, take five minutes to do a final walk-through and double-check everything.
Follow these simple suggestions and your moving day will be a triumph of cheap removals and detail management.