Last Minute Tips : CityMove Removalists
As you are about to move out of your old accommodation, you might have a feeling
that you are leaving behind something important.
To limit this thought, hire a reputed removalist so that they pack and shift the
regular stuff, and you can concentrate on the important items.
Here is a quick moving house checklist
, to help you before removalists come to your place and start the shifting
Day before the move :
- Kitchen items: Clean kitchen items like stove, refrigerator, etc. Also, make sure that have a simple breakfast ready for the next morning.
- Labeling: The day before the move, the boxes need to be labeled properly. You can differentiate labels according to each room or specific areas in your new house such as kitchen, boy bedroom, girl bedroom, family room, living room, bathroom and storage.
- Removalists payment: Make sure you have the final removals quote, and accordingly have the payment ready for the removalist.
- List: Make sure you have a list of items ready so that you don't leave behind anything important such as financial documents, insurance papers, etc.
- Sleep: Get a good night's sleep!
Day of your move:
- Keys: On the day of move, you will have the keys of your old accommodation and your new home. Make sure you don't mix them up and are kept in a safe spot.
- Heavy items: If a reputed removalist is hired, don't worry about the heavy items. Let them carry the load.
- Proper address: Having noted the address details to the removalists, make sure their driver has your phone number so that they can be guided with proper directions, if needed.
- Last check: With everything packed, have a brief check in closets, cupboards and the garage.
This list isn’t meant to be exhaustive. However, it should help when a removalist is not by your side.