Moving Tools : CityMove Removalists
Moving a household is not easy – there are a number of tasks and details to accomplish.
So, make things easier by using moving tools which are specifically designed for
The basic moving tools are boxes and tapes. If you are looking for cheap moving
boxes, ask your furniture removals company to provide
you with the right number of boxes, to pack your belongings. In case of tapes, make
sure that they are good enough for moving boxes.
Apart from boxes and tapes, other essential moving tools are:
- Space calculator: Space calculators help in calculating the space and size
requirement of your items like kitchen, hall, study, dining, living, bedrooms, garage
and other areas of your house. Also, with the use of space calculators, you can
ensure that the removals quote is perfect,
and you are not being overcharged.
- Truck sizes: You need to know, which size of truck is your need and is it
being offered by your removalists. Usually, the options available are UTE, 3 tonne
truck, 5 tonne truck, 9 tonne truck and semi-trailer.
- Auspost website: With a change in your address, you need to redirect your
mail. This may be anywhere in Australia or overseas, but the update will make sure
that you do not miss out on important mails, whether you are moving temporarily
or permanently. To know more, you can visit
- Hand trucks: Ideal for packed boxes, hand trucks are a two-wheeled upright
- Dollies: For the heavier load, dollies are a better option. So, for moving
heavy appliances and furniture, dollies can be used, while for moving basic lighter
appliances, hand trucks are better.
- Lifting straps: Lifting straps get the job done, even though they are one
of the most low-tech moving tools. With this, even the heavy furniture items can
be lifted easily. There are two types of lifting straps: Forearm and shoulder.
Lastly, use common sense and caution so that you don't hurt yourself or damage your